Bloodstock 2013: The Aftermath
2nd Bloodstock in a row is over. I liked the line-up mostly because it had 2 big metal names: Lamb of God and Slayer. I missed some of the bands I wanted to see but overall it was great to attend this year too.
Notes from the festival
- For the first time in a festival I met with my neighbours! Both next door tents had two friendly guys. Even though, while leaving we just ignored each other (as you might expect) it was nice.
- I loved my tent. It takes seconds to setup. The only issue was it had black ropes which made it hard for people to see and people kept tripping to them causing me lose 4-5 metal pins.
- There were some issues with the sound on Friday which caused some explosion-like sounds during the shows.
- The layout of arena and festival area was the same as last year, including the foot stands which made it easy to find what I was looking for.
- There was a tent from Wacken Foundation! I don’t know what they are doing but they had a stationary bike for people to ride. Some charity work I guess but I couldn’t find it in myself to go and ask!
- Best food of the festival: Delikate! Next year I’m planning to eat only from them no matter how long the queue they have
- Best new bands (for me ) of the festival: Ex-Deo and Hell. Especially Hell put up an excellent show. Hope I can make it to their show in London this November
- Worst band: Voivod! Extremely boring and completely meaningless
- Band with worst frontman: Amorphis. The last scrap of my love against Amorphis was destroyed after this show.
- It felt like the number of Galaxy S phones surpassed iPhones
- Avantasia’s female vocals looked familiar. Then I realized I saw her in Epica DVD long time ago. She is still pretty!
- Beholder singer announced next year’s headliner (Emperor) and he also appeared in the after party with the 4 DJs of the apocalypse.
- To me the only conflicts were Wolfsbane vs. Anthrax and Accept vs. Scar Symmetry
- The barrier broke during Lamb of God set. One funny remark from the show was Randy saying he calls himself Roger Brilliant in England.
- Cursing is still not allowed on the set
- Everybody who saw Evil Scarecrow said they were great. I wish I didn’t miss that one.
- During Exodus show the singer started a Wall of Death and how he did it was interesting. He looks at one side and said I want this side to kill that side and looks at the other side and says the same thing to them. Sounded more violent than we generally hear on the shows.
- Scar Symmetry guitarists looked like twins but apparently they are not related.
- Looks like my new favourite band Ex-deo’s vocals and Kataklysm vocals are the same guy. The guy knows how to make good music.
- The vamp girls from the after aprty and Fozzy looked like the same but couldn’t verify it yet! (Check out the videos below to compare them yourself)
- I wonder who the old presenter who was preaching for worshipping Satan was!